NOTE: As of May 23, 2023, Dr. Baker's clinic is no longer working from our old offices at 501 E. King Street in Orlando. We are now at 557 North Wymore Road, Suite 202, Maitland FL 32751. Click here for a map.
If you need to call for directions or other office visit-related matters, call 407-794-8000.
Appointments: Call 407-794-8000, fax 877-409-1295 or use our Appointment Form
fax 877-409-1295, or
use our Appointment Form
Insomnia symptoms and types
- Difficulty initiating sleep
- Difficulty maintaining sleep
- Waking too early in the morning
There are two main types, acute and chronic:
- Short-term, or acute, insomnia is due to a temporary situation such as stress or jet lag. It is important to address the underlying cause (or to "wait it out" in the case of something like jet lag). Effective and safe prescription medications can help.
- Long-term, or chronic, insomnia lasts for a month or longer. It is most often related to stress, anxiety, depression, or to poor sleep habits.